Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PNG not take the other 15%

'hughes' pid='65383' datel Wrote:

'steelrat' pid='65381' datel Wrote:

'seabedmining' pid='65380' datel Wrote:Is it happenstance that the new agreement with tongling came on the same day as the news about not-15% ? Any influence of getting new money?

I was actually thinking about that also.

What a (non)coinsidence! I think they knew very well that PNG wont be able to come up with the money. They were probably talking about if behind closed doors if they should give PNG another extension and then, for some good reason I hope, just said. F*** them, there are better opportunities out there and we come come up with the money some other way.

I think another stock dilution would hurt their reputation too much. I don't think they'll go that way.

As I mentioned, my gut feeling tells me that there is something in the pipeline. Considering the project size and opportunities awaiting in the future, the money they need is a relativly small amount.

The biggest problem I see with Nautilus is that their marketing is not agressive enough. News about them and what they are doing should be all over the place. They need a better public relations department.

As Orsen Wells said about film making: "2% is the creative process, 98% is hustling."

Let's hope I'm right.

hello Nautilus analysts, thank you for all the information you've been feeding me (since long before this board).

Is there something new in the Tongling agreement which could reduce cash needs? I have not read this agreement but was under the impression it was a simple ore sales deal, until the sentance below caught my eye.

Nautilus' chief executive Mike Johnston says Tongling will also build parts of the operation which will employ new technology.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/p...sales-deal

From how I read it, Nautilus proveds a bank guarantee for its share and the Nautilus share will be amortized paiments once production starts. So now there is no cashpayment required by Nautilus.

I am not native english, maybe someone can doublecheck. Thanks!

Nautilus' chief executive Mike Johnston says Tongling will also build parts of the operation which will employ new technology.

Aloha hughes, thanks for posting.  I only briefly scanned the presser, but from memory Tongling was previously to build a dedicated facility to process the Sol1 ore.  This change will allow them to process the ore in common facilities.  Implication is that while the common processing will not require the capital for a dedicated facility (i.e. cheaper) it will not be as efficient.  This makes sense given the short-lived life for each Sol (~a few years) vs. decades for a traditional mine.

Regarding PNG not buying in additional 15%, this can't be a surprise to anyone who closely follows this company.  It has been well known that PNG is hurting from the crash in commodities prices and their budget has suffered accordingly.  More than one NUS veteran on this board has warned that this is a speculative buy.

'maui4marko' pid='65394' datel Wrote:

Aloha hughes, thanks for posting.  I only briefly scanned the presser, but from memory Tongling was previously to build a dedicated facility to process the Sol1 ore.  This change will allow them to process the ore in common facilities.  Implication is that while the common processing will not require the capital for a dedicated facility (i.e. cheaper) it will not be as efficient.  This makes sense given the short-lived life for each Sol (~a few years) vs. decades for a traditional mine.

Regarding PNG not buying in additional 15%, this can't be a surprise to anyone who closely follows this company.  It has been well known that PNG is hurting from the crash in commodities prices and their budget has suffered accordingly.  More than one NUS veteran on this board has warned that this is a speculative buy.

Maui, I do not think it was a surprise to anyone here. We just discussed whether this is good or not as we had different opinions about it.

Received this reply for a query about informing investor about PNG opting out.

Thank you for your email.
The next investor call will likely be held in the first quarter of the new year.
The government of PNG continues to be very keen to work with us as we  build the project toward production in 2018. They may invest further at a later date, but in the meantime we continue to explore many of the options open to us such as: possible equity raise, bringing on a new strategic partner, ‎royalty streaming etc
Regards,
Michael Joyner

'woodrhino' pid='65406' datel Wrote:

Received this reply for a query about informing investor about PNG opting out.

Thank you for your email.
The next investor call will likely be held in the first quarter of the new year.
The government of PNG continues to be very keen to work with us as we  build the project toward production in 2018. They may invest further at a later date, but in the meantime we continue to explore many of the options open to us such as: possible equity raise, bringing on a new strategic partner, ‎royalty streaming etc
Regards,
Michael Joyner

Honestly, what else would they say?