- Despite 2008 economic crisis, demand for gas was up 16% in China (and 2.5% in the world as a whole)
- China’s gas use is only 3% of it’s energy consumption, globally the figure is 25%
- Bloomberg China NG demand staggering
- China, the world’s second-largest energy user, is building more than 10 LNG terminals on its eastern coast to meet a target of doubling the use of gas as an alternative to coal.
- China gas shortage, set to increase LNG import
- LNG imports from China and India set to seven-fold